Job: Data Scientist
Our Data Scientists create new sources of data-driven innovation and value for our customers and prospects while proving the analytical capabilities of Xanadu’s technology stack. They help customers respond to their top-priority business goals by introducing new ways to leverage their exploding data assets, using statistical methods, machine learning, and predictive models. They also work with industry-leading engineers to create new tools and features that support sophisticated analytics within all data repositories.
Xanadu is aggressively building out its Data Scientist team and is looking for the best and brightest subject-matter experts across verticals and analytical techniques. If you bring a deep focus, a passion for data with a particular specialization within analytics (e.g., text analytics, network analysis, -me series, etc.), or a key ver-cal market (i.e., life sciences, digital media/gaming, energy, etc.) we would love to talk to you!
● Use techniques from supervised and unsupervised machine learning and predictive modeling to deliver business insights to prospects and customers based on data stored in Xanadu data repositories.
● Create re-usable implementations of models using the available technologies in Xanadu databases.
● Generate new product requirements for the Xanadu software engineering group to enhance the in-house analytics capabilities.
● Assist in customer engagement management, requirements definition, project scoping, timeline management, and results documentation.
● Analytics prototype development and delivery.
● Degree in an analytical or technical field (e.g. statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, operations research)
● A proven passion for generating insights from data, with a strong familiarity with the higher-level trends in data growth, open-source platforms, and public data sets.
● Strong knowledge of statistical methods particularly in the areas of predictive modeling, data-mining and business analytics
● Experience with open source statistical languages and packages, preferably R/Python.
● Experience working with relational databases and SQL
● Familiarity with non-relational databases and their query interfaces, such as MongoDB/Cassandra.
● Familiarity with visualization software and techniques (Qlikview or Tableau)
● Experience working hands-on with large-scale data sets
● A strong business-orientation, able to select the appropriate complex quantitative methodologies in response to specific business goals
● A team player, capable of conduc-ng independent research, who is excited by and motivated by hard technical data-driven challenges
● Results-driven, self-motivated, self-starter
● Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a proven ability to translate complex methodologies and analytical results to higher-level business insights and key take-aways