At Xanadu, we provide services to clients in Europe and in the US.
Our largest client is Matchbook, a sophisticated betting exchange. This uses peer-to-peer betting where customers can choose to either place a bet or take a bet. It’s suitable for all types of bettors from casual punters to professional traders. Matchbook is no ordinary web platform. It has more in common with the New York Stock Exchange than with a bookmaker. It operates at scale. Its API processes over 450 million API requests per day. It manages billions of dollars worth of transactions.
With more regulated markets opening in the US and around the world we face new opportunities for further expansion, leveraging our cutting-edge technology to provide our partners with an extremely performant and dependable exchange system.
At Xanadu you’ll work at a scale which you’ll rarely find anywhere else. The challenges here are big – really big. The people you’ll work with are hungry to tackle them. If this sounds like a challenge too good to ignore, then we want to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
As a Performance engineer you will;
- Own and drive performance testing for our product.
- Implement simple, robust and repeatable NFR (Non-Functional Requirements) tests.
- Write clean code, review others code and share learning experiences with your colleagues.
- Own features and define their long-term health and performance metrics.
- Capturing and visualizing performances metrics in dashboards.
- Contribute to development and enhance our automation toolset and tech stack.
What we are looking for?
- 4+ years of experience in performance testing and engineering.
- To provide and create the required Test Data and/or conditions to support Load, Stress and Soak Testing.
- To set up performance monitoring on the various application and infrastructure components so as to report on response times, throughput and other volumetric measures.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Deep knowledge of performance testing tools such as JMeter or similar to build performance test suites.
- Experience setting up performance monitoring using Grafana, Prometheus or other APM tools.
- Experienced in load forecasting for production environments for peak times and assessing likely resilience of systems.
- Experienced in making recommendations on how to improve production/system capabilities based on business needs.
- Hands on experience analysing log files to make performance enhancement recommendations.
- Professional experience with one or more of the following programming languages - Java, Python etc. Python is our language of choice here for testing.
- Experience with test automation frameworks and tools (e.g. Pytest/Cucumber).
- Solid Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Solid understanding of software quality best practices and processes, with a real dedication to high-quality test code.
- Experience with GIT (We use Bitbucket for version control).
- Preferable – Experience with container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker etc.)
- Experience with cloud platforms is a real bonus (e.g. Amazon EC2, OVH etc.)
- Experience with Event driven architecture (micro services) -nice to have.
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented and have excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
Interview and on-boarding
- Interview and on-boarding will be done remotely due to current restrictions around Covid-19.