Production Support Engineer
Xanadu are looking for a Production Support Engineer to help provide support for all production applications and systems. This is a very hands-on position for someone who has strong applications experience and a technical aptitude with a keen interest in learning and improving new systems. The Production Support Engineer will work with our engineering teams closely and actively document and improve the support structure for newly developed systems; including writing documentation and developing tools to help analyze issues as they occur. This job is ideal for someone who likes to work and help shape the structure in a dynamic and fast paced start-up-like environment that runs 24×7.
What will I be doing?
- Take a Production Support role for all operational applications, systems and software environments across vendors and internal hosted infrastructure
- Ability to handle issue queues and prioritise critical issues and keep those effected informed with regular updates
- Document standards, processes and procedures relating to best practices, issues and resolutions
- Respond to system generated alerts/escalations relating to any failures in the service environment
- Utilise Jira, Slack, and other operational and collaboration tools to work with internal resources to provide timely incident/request response and support
- Participate in the product development process by contributing operational requirements, and provide input of the impact of system features on the operational work flow
- Participate in Production Support functions, such as 24×7 on-call coverage as needed
What are we looking for?
- Experience working with Java based web servers and applications
- Experience working with Linux environments
- Interest in Network Systems would be desirable, but experience is not essential for the role.
- Background working with relational database systems such as SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL
- Hands-on proficiency in scripting languages such as SQL, Shell scripting
- Ability to distinguish between critical and non-critical issues
- Ability to communicate the level of importance of issues
- Ability to work under pressure with good problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a mission-critical environment
- Be able to demonstrate initiative when required
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland