Head of Creative
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing the Matchbook Creative department. Responsible for defining the brand agenda, this will involve full accountability for setting the creative direction of the brand and overseeing the day-to-day creative process. Strong people management and objective setting experience is also required. Help plug any/all identified skills gaps. Experience in video production and motion graphics highly desirable. Tasked with formulating a proactive and vibrant culture within the department as the creative hub for the business. Must also strive to manage the Creative Team as an independent unit, providing solutions across each area of the business due to the nature of the team cross-over outside of the Marketing Department.
Creative ownership overview:
Video Production, Multimedia, Creative, Print, Copywriting
- Accomplish work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling and coaching direct reports.
- Maintain brand consistency both internally and externally through visual and tonal execution.
- Drive production, productivity, and quality standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Maintaining cut through of brand at sponsored events/productions.
- Establish the creative direction for the Matchbook brand and ensure that this vision is disseminated across marketing channels and customer touch points.
- Develop creative approaches by reviewing materials and information as briefed by stakeholders.
- Oversee production requirements and general business requirements; considering scheduling factors.
- Keep track of schedule by conferring with Creative and Marketing teams; outlining basic concepts; coordinating creative activities.
- Review and approve art and copy materials created by Team and external agencies.
- Improve success of campaigns by regularly reviewing creative based on data driven results from past campaigns.
- Develop marketing strategies by examining business objectives and provide production support for all marketing assets required.
- Produce, edit and give direction on all motion graphic/productions.
- Maintain Brand Guideline compliance across all facets of creative & UI design and as well as managing brand standards across all parts of the business.
- Creating and maintaining motion graphic guidelines.
- Promotion and education of the Matchbook creative brand guidelines.
- Co-ordinates the Design Chapter and ensures regular information sharing in order to develop and maintain a consistent customer experience from first brand touch-point to regular product interaction.
- Co-develop the brand; steer the look, feel and creative tone.
- Develop and articulate a singular creative vision.
- Co-ordination of proper cross-department planning and execution of irregular opportunities to promote the Matchbook brand.
- Brainstorming campaigns, opportunities and solutions across departments
- Develop strong links between external campaigns and the product built in-house.
Skills and Qualifications:
Project Management, Foster Teamwork, Positioning, Organisation, Coaching, Promoting Process Improvement, Proactive, Marketing Research, Stakeholder Relationships, Standards, Productivity, Video editing, Proficient in Adobe CC.
Xanadu is an equal opportunities employer.