At Xanadu Consultancy, we develop sophisticated products for the online sports betting industry. We have developed and deployed a modern, distributed, high-performance platform across multiple data centres. We are now recruiting for System Administrator to join our expanding and dynamic team.
What is the role of the System Administrator?
- Responsible for the infrastructure and product support for one or more product lines
- Be proactive in making sure the product is running efficiently and effectively
- Work with the development team to make sure one has total understanding of the product and also advise the development team on any issues or observations when the product is running on production
- As new features of the product are being developed, be involved in the design and looking at iterations as they are released so you learn how the product works, behaves and is configured.
- Regular documentation updates for changes or new implementations
- Working with other members of the team to recognize, propose and later implement potential changes in all segments of the infrastructure stack
What we are looking for:
- Hands-on experience deploying on-premise, colocated and cloud-based server and network equipment
- Extensive Linux knowledge (ideally Debian/Ubuntu based)
- Extensive TCP/IP knowledge and troubleshooting ability
- Thorough knowledge of virtualisation products such as KVM, QEmu
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon ECS and/or Google Kubernetes Engine
- Experience with common network services like Bind9, Apache, Nginx, syslog, haproxy, NTP
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet, Salt and similar tools
- Strong security awareness & ability to deploy solutions consistent with security policy
- Ability to work with different teams and projects at the same time while prioritizing tasks based on business needs
- Ability to undertake medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the Management and complete them to an agreed standard with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
Bonus points for...
- Deployment and automation of configuration management for Cisco, Dell, Mikrotik, pfSense and HP network equipment
- Experience building, extending and maintaining IAM solutions
- MySQL and Cassandra database cluster administration experience
- Familiarity with HAProxy deployment, configuration and operational improvements
- Scripting and automation skills and experience (bash, python, golang)
Linux, DNS, KVM, Foreman, Docker, Kubernetes (K8s), Cassandra, RabbitMQ, MySQL, Cisco, HP, Dell, pfSense, Mikrotik, Tomcat app servers, HAproxy, NGINX, Java and Python applications, continuous build environment, open source technologies.
Xanadu is an equal opportunities employer.