At Xanadu Consultancy, we develop sophisticated products for the online sports betting industry. We have developed and deployed a modern, distributed, high-performance platform across multiple data centres. We are now recruiting for System Administrator to join our expanding and dynamic team.
What is the role of the System Administrator?
- Responsible for the network and server infrastructure in our colocation and cloud locations that power our development and production workloads
- Build and maintain the physical and logical network services for our offices worldwide
- Be proactive in supporting base services such as DNS, Identify (IAM) and NTP
- Drive changes that improve our security posture as a company (refining our policies, auditing logs, improvements to access control, employee training, etc)
- Work with members of the development, devops and production support teams to recognise, propose and later implement changes to our infrastructure stack with a strong emphasis on security and availability.
- Work with third parties to manage and troubleshoot issues remotely or on-site.
- Regular documentation updates for changes or new implementations of underlying infrastructure and base services
What we are looking for?
- Hands-on experience deploying on-premise, colocated and cloud-based server and network equipment
- Extensive Linux knowledge (ideally Debian/Ubuntu based)
- Extensive TCP/IP knowledge and troubleshooting ability
- Thorough knowledge of virtualisation products such as KVM, QEmu
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon ECS and/or Google Kubernetes Engine
- Experience with common network services like Bind9, Apache, Nginx, syslog, haproxy, NTP
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet, Salt and similar tools
- Strong security awareness & ability to deploy solutions consistent with security policy
- Ability to work with different teams and projects at the same time while prioritizing tasks based on business needs
- Ability to undertake medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the Management and complete them to an agreed standard with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
Bonus points for...
- Deployment and automation of configuration management for Cisco, Dell, Mikrotik, pfSense and HP network equipment
- Experience building, extending and maintaining IAM solutions
- MySQL and Cassandra database cluster administration experience
- Familiarity with HAProxy deployment, configuration and operational improvements
- Scripting and automation skills and experience (bash, python, golang
Linux, DNS, KVM, Foreman, Docker, Kubernetes (K8s), Cassandra, RabbitMQ, MySQL, Cisco, HP, Dell, pfSense, Mikrotik, Tomcat app servers, HAproxy, NGINX, Java and Python applications, continuous build environment, open source technologies
Xanadu is an equal opportunities employer.