Junior Data Analytics Developer
At Xanadu we provide services to one of the world's leading betting exchanges. Vast volumes of data are generated from multiple data sources and clients every day in this highly transactional and dynamic environment. To ensure our business leaders make data-driven decisions, we require accurate relevant intelligence delivered in a timely fashion. Within the Data Analytics team we are looking for your experience and enthusiasm in driving insights for our business goals.
Leveraging the best open source and proprietary tools available, you will deliver cutting edge data pipelines and visualizations. Working with industry leading engineers, data scientists and product owners you will champion data-driven insights to add value to our business. If you have a focus and passion for uncovering insights from data then we would love to talk to you.
What will I be doing?
- Collaborate with Xanadu teams/clients to build new and improve upon existing intelligence systems;
- Build informative, insightful dashboards and reports for various departments;
- Development of new and existing daily intelligence delivery processes to each team/client;
- Champion intelligence delivery tools, ensuring relevant and accurate delivery of business requirements;
- Work with Data Scientists and Data Engineers and team members to build best practice into daily processes;
- Contribute to the build-out of new workflow processes and associated monitoring and alerts;
- Troubleshoot production issues, identify and implement effective solutions;
- Contribute to Product Engineering and overall development of data assets;
- Contribute to schema design, data consistency and the company data dictionary;
- Contribute to overall company data governance and compliance efforts.
What are we looking for?
- Highly numerate with a third level qualification in one of the following fields: Analytics, Mathematics/Statistics, Computing, Engineering;
- Experience with SQL (preferably MySQL) and at least one NoSQL database;
- Experience with dashboard design and business discovery software (Tableau preferably) and CRM tools such as Salesforce;
- Experience with the R or Python programming language;
- Strong Excel skills & experience;
- At least one year experience working with data-warehouses and intelligence delivery;
- A strong business-orientation, ability to communicate effectively with internal customers;
- Have a high level of attention to detail.
- Experienced with unit testing;
- Experienced with good code management practices;
- Familiar using Linux as a development environment;
- Experienced building ETL processes.
Xanadu is an equal opportunities employer