We’re looking for a hands-on and passionate copywriter to join our growing team at Matchbook Betting Exchange. You will be imaginative and effective, comfortable working at pace and juggling multiple projects across different channels. Fanatical attention to detail is required along with being comfortable working with different teams across the business. Above all, you will have a sincere desire to tell stories that can help bring our brand to life and connect with our customers in meaningful ways.
What will I be doing?
● Concept and idea development from brief to realisation.
● Turn ideas into effective, engaging copy in line with required briefs.
● Write copy for a broad range of stakeholders and projects from all areas of the business, including but not limited to: radio and video scripts, onboarding emails, e-books, “how to guides” and landing pages to educate our audience on exchange betting, board packs, and press releases.
● Conduct internal interviews and Q&A’s with personnel for publication on owned and external channels
● Act as a tone of voice guardian within the business to provide guidance across all copy communications.
● Be able to edit and improve existing communications using our brand tone of voice
● Support the development of the content strategy, and assist the Communications Manager in managing timelines for all digital content.
What are we looking for?
● Superb copy skills, nimble enough to jump across styles and formats at whim.
● Strong portfolio that illustrates strong ideation, copy, brand manifestos and tone, and script writing.
● Good knowledge of and passion for sports a definite advantage.
● Excellent communication and presentation skills.
● Able to work both independently and within a small team, including remote teams that sit in another office.
● Proven experience in a copywriter role either inhouse, media side or agency.
● Experience working with a sports betting company an asset.
● Experience working with multiple teams within an organisation to deliver on brand communications.
● Experience of using CMS programmes desirable.
● Experience in SEO desirable.
Xanadu is an equal opportunities employer