We provide our services to clients in Europe and in the US.
Our largest client is Matchbook, a sophisticated betting exchange. This uses peer-to-peer betting where customers can choose to either place a bet or take a bet. It’s suitable for all types of bettors from casual punters to professional traders. Matchbook is no ordinary web platform. It has more in common with the New York Stock Exchange than with a bookmaker. It operates at scale. Its API processes over 450 million API requests per day. It manages billions of dollars worth of transactions.
With more regulated markets opening in the US and around the world we face new opportunities for further expansion, leveraging our cutting-edge technology to provide our partners with an extremely performant and dependable exchange system.
At Xanadu you’ll work at a scale which you’ll rarely find anywhere else. The challenges here are big – really big. The people you’ll work with are hungry to tackle them. If this sounds like a challenge too good to ignore, then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced Java Engineer to join our expanding team. In this role you will work with some of the newest technologies available in a relaxed agile environment within a cross functional team.
What will I be doing? What are we looking for?
What are we looking for?
- BSc. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years Java / JEE development experienceExperience in highly transactional multi-user systems
- Strong systems analysis skills.
- Transform requirements using structured techniques to create functional / technical specsKnack for writing clean, maintainable code
- Passion for quality
- Experience of working within an agile development framework
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent mentorship skills
- Systematic problem solving approach, with a strong sense of ownership.
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Desirable experience in some or all of the following technologies; Java, JEE, Messaging, Strong OOD and knowledge of design patterns, Docker, Tomcat, SQL, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Spring, and RESTful APIs.
- The following tools: GIT, Junit, Maven.
Interview and on-boarding
- Interview and on-boarding will be done remotely due to current restrictions around Covid-19.